A Defendant may request a payment extension if they are unable to pay their fine in full at the Court Clerk's Window under the following guidelines:
- The Defendant has complied timely with the court date assigned on their citation;
- The Defendant enters a plea of "NO CONTEST" or "GUILTY";
- The Defendant makes a payment of 50% of the window fine when the request is made;
- The Defendant agrees to pay the remaining balance in full within 30 days from the date the plea was entered;
- Only one (1) payment extension shall be prepared and pending at any one time regardless of the number of cases outstanding. Upon completion, a subsequent payment extension may be prepared by a clerk.
- The Defendant shall sign a payment extension agreement and promise to appear for a show cause hearing at the time and date indicated on this agreement if he/she fails to comply with the terms of the payment extension.
Note: The Municipal Court does not answer any legal questions of any nature. The personnel are allowed to explain court proceedings and procedures only. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney.