Get an early start to the day at our Easter Egg stravaganza! At 9am guests can enjoy bunny bingo, carrot pull game, rubber ducky races, and a sidewalk chalk contest. Wristbands can be purchased for $6 and include an entry to the pony rides, petting zoo, and electric animal ride-on that will take place from 9am-12pm. Make sure you buy your wristbands early because they tend to sell out! At 10:30am, we will host an Egg Hunt for ages 6 months-11 years old. All age groups will hunt simultaneously. Some eggs will contain prize certificates that participants can redeem after the hunt. The Art Park Players Reaction group will host games, dancing, and prizes under the Pavilion from 11am-12pm.
WRISTBANDS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED IN PERSON. $6 per wristband presale. Wristbands will go on sale Monday, March 6, at the Deer Park Community Center at 610 E. San Augustine between 8am & 5pm. Only 250 wristbands are available on presale. A limited number of wristbands will be sold at the event for $10 per wristband. Wristbands will need to be purchased by anyone who wants to participate in the pony rides, petting zoo, or electric animal ride-on **See video below**. There is a 100 pound weight limit on the pony rides.
- Date: Saturday, April 1st
- Location: Dow Park
- Egg Hunt Time: 10:30 am SHARP
- Age groups are
- 6 months - 2 years
- 3 years – 5 years
- 6 years – 9 years
- 10 years – 12 years
Parents can only assist the age group 6 months to 2 years. No parental interference would be allowed in the other age groups. All age groups will hunt simultaneously.
Art Park Players Reaction group will host games, dancing, and prizes under the Pavillion from 11 am - 12 pm.
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER
- Egg Hunt will be rescheduled, and a date and time will be announced
- Bunny Bingo will take place in Room 6
- Carrot Pull will be moved to the Earl Dunn Gym
- Reaction performance in Room 12
- No rides: If canceled, wristbands can be brought to the Community Center front office for a refund
- No sidewalk chalk contest
- No rubber ducky races
2023 Peeps Diorama Decorating Contest
Using the iconic Easter candies– PEEPS, contestants will make an original shoebox-sized diorama with the Peeps marshmallow candies as the main characters. While there is no exact criteria for the size of the diorama, please keep the dimensions the size of a shoe box or boot box. You do not have to use a shoe box; just let that be your guide on the size.
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
1. A creative and original concept.
2. Creative use of Peeps.
3. Artful design.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
1. Best in Peeps Grand Prize Award
2. Adult Category (1st, 2nd)
3. Family or Group Category (1st, 2nd)
4. Children’s Category– 13 & under (1st, 2nd)
Drop off will begin March 27 at the Community Center during business hours. The entry form should accompany your submission.
Entry form and the diorama submission deadline is Thursday, March 30, by 6pm. Please drop it off at the Deer Park Community Center, 610 E. San Augustine.
Judging will be completed at the Egg Hunt by 9am and the dioramas will be displayed until 12pm. These may be picked up at this time but no later than Monday, April 3, by 6pm.
We hope you also plan to attend this year's annual Pooch Hunt on April 1st at 2 pm at Ella and Friends Dog Park at 500 W. Thirteenth St. Bring your furry best friend on a leash to hunt pooch-friendly eggs free of charge! There will be tons of prizes for those canines who are good enough to sniff out the prize eggs. We invite all canine breeds, from Bloodhounds to Chihuahuas. Hope to see you there! Registration is not required.
- 2 pm sharp!
- Saturday, April 1st
- Only 1 person per dog may participate. All others must remain outside of the dog park fence.
- Hunt hundreds of eggs with your dog.
- All dogs must remain on a leash during the event
- Free. Just show up.
- In case of rain, the event will be moved indoors at the Jimmy Burke Activity Center.
- Bring a bag to collect the eggs for your pooch.
- Some eggs will have a certificate for a prize. One prize per dog, please.
- Easter Bunny will be on hand to take pictures with your camera.